22 July 2009

The Silent Alarm

What is it about a guy; the moment you’ve decided that you give up, that you’ve HAD it and are DONE with him… He calls/texts/facebooks/whatevers you? What IS this phenomenon? I mean, really. Is there some silent dude alarm in the universe? That lets them know that the girl that’s been being strung [out] along is letting go and in order to maintain some type of sick twisted emotional control over them, they must contact said girl? I’ve had this happen to me time after time, as have many of my friends. Anyone have anything to say about this? If per chance any guys are out there, do you SENSE this pulling away?
I’m not gonna lie… Sometimes, I truly believe that when a guy is NOT into you and he KNOWS you ARE into him… And believe me, girls, he knows. I think he likes to keep you around to feed his male ego. He likes the attention, some may like the control they see they have over you. What IS that? Fortunately, with my lack of crushable men around, I haven’t had to deal with this strange phenomenon in about three years. A friend of mine recently experienced it and I felt it was absolutely blog worthy. Anyone else have any experiences/comments about this? Pray, tell!

4 comments:

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Hey, I just found your blog cause I liked your comment to TAMN the other day. But I just found it like yesterday, so I haven't been stalking for long. :)
I would like to just say a loud "Amen, Sister-friend!" to this post. I finally found my man (we did the stereotypical 1 month of dating before getting engaged - and not even at BYU!), but before I met him, I definitely lived my share of this.
And I think there are a few types of guys who follow this pattern - to give them credit, some guys genuinely want to be your friend (the ethereal "you" here). They are just incapable of being a friend without also leading you on. So, so sad. Good men, but it would be better to just let the relationship die a natural death.
Then there's the one who I agree, just liked the ego trip. But even for them, I think most of them do it subconsciously and only some do it maliciously.
Then there are the ones who like you but they feel it's despite their better judgment. These are the worst! They feel like they've prayed about it and the relationship has no long-term potential, so they try to end the friendship, but then despite themselves, they like to have you around.
Geez, can you tell you struck a nerve? I usually stalk for months before coming out of the wood work! But I like your blog, and I appreciate your paradigm on being single still in an LDS setting. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :)

Bailey said...

Definitely happened to me. It's like they KNOW! Sometimes things like that make me want to stay single forever. Love your blog.

Sandy said...

Happens EVERY time. Seriously.

Angela said...

ha! i was talking to one of my non-mo friends tonight that's also single and we were just saying how lately we've just been feeling like we actually LIKE being single. Perhaps staying single forever is the way to go. At least for now ;)