06 July 2009

What is Love?

To me, love means many different things. There are different attributes of love. Attributes that are general and that are applicable to all types of love, i.e. romantic love, familial love, platonic love, etc. There are simple general types of behavior that should make it clear that you love somebody.

So I am going to make a list of some of my ideas of what love means to me. Feel free to comment and let me know some of the things that come to your mind when you think of what it means to love someone.

Selflessness
Kindness
Empathetic
Sacrifice
Trust
Honesty
Compromise
Objectivity
Respect
Giving without expectation of receiving
Receiving with gratitude
Happiness
Endurance
Work

I think that all of these things are necessary in some form in order for two people to have a successful, happy and peaceful relationship. What are some of your thoughts?

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I would add: acceptance and forgiveness.

Angela said...

I would concur with that. and let us not forget that "forgiveness is more than saying sorry." teehee.

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

"objectivity"? I try really hard not to objectify women. Is that what that means?

Angela said...

I say objectivity meaning I try to be obejective as opposed to subjective in looking at situations. ha.