27 May 2008

My passive aggressiveness can be devestating...

So I’ve been thinking lately about myself and the way I am with regard to members of the opposite sex. For some reason, I can be all Flirty McFlirtFlirt with guys I’m NOT all that into - probably because it’s safe. However, with guys that I am potentially interested in getting to know, I tend to shy up a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got biting wit and good humour 24/7 no matter what. But I guess I’m not overly… expressive in my potential interest. I’ve never been the aggressive type to throw myself at a guy. At least I don’t think so… Correct me if I’m wrong.

I’ve also learned that my passive aggressive ways have been successful in the past in communicating my feelings… And when the guy doesn’t seem to be getting the clue, it’s because he’s just not that into me, but enjoys or appreciates my friendship. That’s never an enjoyable realization to come to. I’ve tried over the years to have a more expanded outlook on these scenarios. Clearly these relationships were not meant to be, I wouldn’t want to have to “force” or convince someone to love me anyway.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like the idea of the guy pursuing the girl! In a ward that I was in in Utah, the girls were counseled to make it known that they were available to the guy and then drop the ball. It’s in a man’s nature to want to hunt his prey, right? So they say. I guess I just figure that in the cases of successful relationships, even when a guy is shy, if he really wants to, he will make the move on the girl. I’ve seen it happen and that’s what I’m banking on…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you know I blog too!!!!???