13 April 2009

Bathroom Booster?

OK, I work in an office like a lot of people do. I work in an office that has a communal bathroom, that is, 4 stalls in one bathroom, right? Now, it's not always pleasant to have to use a bathroom with the rest of the people you work with and others of those that are on the same floor. I have seen and heard a LOT of different things in my day. There is one lady that I can recognize by the way it sounds when she pees. Not even kidding. I've endured people singing their way through their potty experience, grunting their way through it and today I heard someone giving themselves a pep talk. Now, in all fairness, she was done in the stall, and was getting her coat and getting ready to move along back to work. However. You KNOW when someone else is in the bathroom. And if you have to talk to yourself out LOUD to encourage yourself to focus and get your work done, then... there MIGHT be a problem.
I mean, I thought that it was the female Stuart Smalley in there with me. It was so awkward, I sat on my personal throne in shock. I literally heard her having a conversation with herself, "you need to just focus. you don't want to start the week off out of focus. last week was a bad week, you weren't focused. i'm gonna go back in there and be completely focused." I'm not gonna lie. I thought it was by far one of the weirdest bathroom adventures I've had yet... Just had to share!

7 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Hahahaha!!! That is so funny!

Eva McGann said...

That is hysterically funny! I give myself pep talks sometimes, but NEVER out loud and I certainly wouldn't do it in the bathroom! that lady must have been having a REALLY hard time focusing if she couldn't even tell that you were in there! By the way, I saw your post on FB that said you were going to EFY in Pittsburgh to be a counselor. Sammi is going this year but she is going to SVU down here in Virginia. Too bad...you would be so much fun!

Candy Eash said...

In, sad. Sounds like she's having a hard time. :( Poor lady! Maybe she needs a friend. :)

Melissa Benfield said...

Oh my gosh!! You know what I thought of. Bruce Willis. I am just a love machine. You are a neat guy. That's what it reminded me of!!! Oh my hilarious. Do you know who it was? Can you ever look at this person the same again. If you do you should walk up to her and be like..so were you able to stay focussed? I am dying to know!

Patty R said...

This is too funny, I hate communal bathrooms. They are ackward, lol.

Jess said...

Hahaahaha OMG this is hilarious!! The lady better be glad I wasn't in the bathroom with her because I wouldn't be able to hold back. Yeah no worries I know how the public bathroom goes! yuck

Mandy Lilly said...

OMG!!! Hilarous. Perhaps you should print out some inspirational quotes and tape them to all of the stalls. Just for her!