21 April 2009

Instruction from Jane

Tonight after work I went in search of some gridded matting for the Young Women at church to make bath mats from old bath towels tomorrow night. I'd looked at Jo-Ann Fabric in Ashtbaula last night to no avail and they pointed me to Mentor. I walked around and around the store and nothing. I went to Michael's and nothing. I of course even asked and was left with nothing. The closest thing they could come up with was latch hook rug canvas, and from what I have seen, I don't think that that is actually what we need. So we're gonna need to do something else tomorrow night.

The point of explaining THAT story is to then explain that after the frustration/annoyance of not being able to find what I needed (even when the instructions indicated that most fabric stores should carry this product), I decided to drown my sorrows down the drain of Barnes & Noble. That's right, I headed to B&N, and lo and behold, I discovered an entire table dedicated to Jane Austen! Anyone that knows me knows that I am Jane obsessed. So much so, in fact, I am planning a trip to England for September to coincide with the Jane Austen Festival in Bath. SO EXCITED!! Anyway, upon this table, I found a new little treasure:
Essentially, what it is, is a compilation of quotes from Jane's novels that provide some of life's important lessons. So, what I was thinking is that I would blog and comment on some of the quotes as I feel inspired to do so. So, get your mittens on your kittens, cause we're on our way!

3 comments:

Eva McGann said...

Sammi and I both love Jane Austen too. I have just re-read Pride and Predjudice and am getting ready to ready Sense and Sensibility again. I wish so much you were going to EFY at SVU b/c you and Sammi would get along famously! One of my favorite quotes is the in regard to Mrs. Bennett in Pride and Predudice which is "The business of her life was to get her daughters married; its solace was visiting and news."

Anonymous said...

Sounds good I'll be reading them.
Ha I was watching jeopardy somewhere I think at my aunts & she was the answer. My grandma thought that I should know a ton of answers I was like ha sure.. ;)

jess

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

i know...you can gasp in awe that i've never read jane austen. however, when i was at hiram i spent a semester in england and LOVED it. bath was one of my favorite spots and i feel totally gyped that i only got 1 day there. i'm so jealous that you get to go back. have fun!