11 April 2009

G. Love and Special Sauce

Well... I must say. Last night was yet another G. Love and Special Sauce concert for me. LOVE him. And when I say "yet another" I mean, it was my SEVENTH time seeing him. That's right. SEVEN! I've seen him in Utah 4 times (twice at Suede in Park City, once with Jack Johnson and Donovan Frankenreiter and once at an ampitheatre set up downtown Salt Lake at the city library park/square area), once in Cali (Orange County Fair), and now twice in Cleveland at the House of Blues. I mean, what's not to like? His genre is his own - Hip Hop Blues. He's philly born and bred, and baby, he's just got a swagger about him. *rar*

So I've got to say, I've learned my way about the concerts. The first concert, at Club Suede in Park City, I wasn't really prepared for. Just the whole bar scene, close proximity and herbality floating through the air isn't my normal environment that I prefer to be in. But he just puts on such a GREAT show. So anyway... I've become accustomed to the obstinate people, the crowded nature of the standing room only club concert venue. There's just nothing like it, really. You're able to get SO CLOSE.

So this time, similar to last time... I was able to get there early enough to be all up in the front. I tend to choose the right center (if you're looking at the stage). And it just does NOT disappoint. So last night during the encore... Well, OK. Let me first explain. It's a club. There's a standing room only floor. There's a fence type barrier that has some benches on the stage side of it. That creates the walkway where the publicity peeps get their pics and the bouncers keep an eye on things. Right? But knowing G. like I know G. During the encore, he SO came down from the stage and was standing literally like an inch from my face! BAA!!!! Right? I mean, he's standing on the bench on the other side of the barrier right smack in FRONT of ME! BAA!!!! So of course I got to touch him! I mean, HI. That's WHY he was THERE! And as the crowd surged behind me to get closer to him, I was pushed closer to him. I mean, it was way existential. It was almost as though a G. Love and Gigi samich was about to be. It was awesome.

Though, I must admit. It doesn't compare to the LAST time I saw him. I was in about the same place, and he came down right in front of me then as well. And THIS time I'd had my phone, and so i was holding it up to take his picture, but he TOOK my PHONE! *die* And he pretended he was all talkin on it, and then he was PLAYING his GUITAR with my PHONE. It was even more way existential than last night. Just sayin'! And he all touched my arm and stuff, too. AWESOME. All in all, it really was good times. *sigh*


2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so freakin' HOT!!!!! MMMmmmmm..........

Sandy said...

Oh man wish I would've been there. You realize I was with you at 3 out of the 7 concerts?!! That's darn near 50%!