10 April 2009

Beauty Secret?

OK, so here's the thing. The last several years, even though I've been told horrible things about it, I've been using hydrocortizone cream as my daily moisturizer. It's cheap, effective and dr approved, right? Well, in my case it was dr recommended. I had some dry patches that no amount of commercial makeup moisturizer would cure. The dr told me to use the hydro cream. So, i went to walmart, but the generic with aloe and whatever else in it. And have been using it almost every day since then.

So... here's the other thing. I'm ADDICTED to the free gift with purchase. Specifically Clinique, but I'm no respecter of FGWP. Just sayin'. So this past weekend, I was at Macy's and bought some Clinique and inside of it, there was a ginorm sample jar of this new patent pending age reversing moisturizer. What's not to like, right?! So I've been using it the past few days. However (comma, pause, break), now I've begun breaking out and the skin irritation has set in. Look here at exhibit A.
Ugh! I can't stand it! And with my recent Sephora purchase (done online so that I could get 3 samples with my order), I got a sample of Rare Minerals moisturizer. I was all excited about it, because as i was opening the little packet, it had little messages on it saying things like, "Your skin is going to thank you for this" or "Your skin's new BFF." I mean, what wasn't to like?! Well, it did the SAME thing. So am I just not programmed for "normal" moisturizers anymore? Or is it a transitional period for a new product? I mean, what the deal is, folks?!

So that's the drama. Needless to say, I didn't use it today. Sad, isn't it?! Tomorrow I'm planning to organize my vanity that is currently out of control, see exhibit B. Sad isn't it? I bought a little drawer to organize daily makeup routine things so i can declutter a bit. Drivin' me insane!


Maybe while i'm organizing, I'll take pics of some of my makeup bags that have been FGWP. I have quite an extensive collection - just like Wayne has an extensive collection of hair nets and name tags.

4 comments:

Ed and Bel said...

I can only use dermalogica (sp?) moisturizers, everything else makes my skin breakout.

Candy Eash said...

I stumbled onto Garnier Nutritionist. I REALLY like the night formula. I wear it both day and night. I have sensitive, but this doesn't make me break out, takes away fine lines, and somehow makes my kin kind of glow!

Angie Cheney said...

Hmmm, I think I may try hydrocortisone cream! I have rosacea that's never helped by anything but super thick cream moisturizers which cause me to break out, of course. Thanks for the tip! :)

Sandy said...

Dude. Seriously need to clean your vanity.